MMORPG Server Development Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Home[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Home10SearchLatest imagesRegisterChatLog in

[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Christoper
MMORPG
MMORPG
Christoper

Male
Number of posts : 117
Job/hobbies : Developer
Humor : Humble
Infected Bar :
[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-23

[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Empty
PostSubject: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitimeWed Nov 26, 2008 6:55 pm

This method is slightly more complicated for both you AND the players on your server, but there will be some benefits to this as well and you can bypass all of the settings on your router allowing you to setup your server like any other server without having to go through all of those settings.

STEP 1: Download EA
https://mmorpg.iftopic.com/ragnarok-online-f10/releasemmo-repack-t31.htm

Click on the above link and pick either Stable or Trunk versions of eAthena. Trunk usually have a few more bugs but sometimes have features that aren't in Stable yet. Most bugs are fixed over the course of a few days. Extract eAthena somewhere but preferably on the desktop or somewhere easy to access.

STEP 2: Download Hamachi
http://www.hamachi.cc/download/

Download Hamachi from the link above. By using Hamachi you can avoid all of the router stuff.

STEP 3: Set Up Hamachi

First, click on the icon that looks like a gear and change your nickname to something you want otherwise you show up as Anonymous.

Next, click on the icon that looks like the Hamachi symbol (3 dots connected together). You want to create a new network. Give your network a name preferably the name of your RO server. You can set the password as whatever you want but make sure to give it to everyone else who wants to connect to your server. I recommend having the password be the same as the network name.

With all of that setup, you should now have an IP above where it shows your nickname. That will be the IP of your server. The IP given is static and will not change unless you reinstall Hamachi or you change the license of it.

STEP 4: Setting Up eAthena

Go to your conf folder located in the eAthena folder. Your Hamachi IP is the IP that shows up on the top of the Hamachi window ABOVE your nickname

First open char_athena.conf. Only change what I mark

Quote :

// Character Server IP
// The character server exports this IP address to the entire world.
// NOTE: You should only need to set this if you are running behind a
// firewall or are on a machine with multiple interfaces.
char_ip: 127.0.0.1 <------------- Change this to your Hamachi IP Or Your.no-ip.org

// Character Server Port
char_port: 6121
Next, open map_athena.conf.

Quote :

// Character Server IP
// The map server connects to the character server using this IP address.
// NOTE: This is useful when you are running behind a firewall or are on
// a machine with multiple interfaces.
char_ip: 127.0.0.1 <------------- Change this to your Hamachi IP. Or Your.no-ip.org

// Character Server Port
char_port: 6121

Quote :

// Map Server IP
// The map server exports this IP address to the entire world.
// NOTE: You should only need to set this if you are running behind a
// firewall or are on a machine with multiple interfaces.
map_ip: 127.0.0.1 <------------- Change this to your Hamachi IP. Or Your.no-ip.org

// Map Server Port
map_port: 5121
STEP 5: GRF Files

Open up the grf-files.txt. Remove the // in front of data.grf. If you have sakray installed, it should look something like this if you installed RO to the default directory.

Quote :

//-----------------------------------------
// GRF List
//-----------------------------------------

grf: C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\data.grf <---------- make sure this is where it is located
grf: C:\Program Files\Gravity\RO\sdata.grf <---------- if you don't have this, put // in front of it

// You may add more in this format
// grf:

With all of the above settings done, you can now connect to your server if you setup the sclient.

STEP 6: Starting the Server

BEFORE you do anything, start Hamachi. Hamachi needs to be on in order for anyone to connect to the server.

Next, start runserver.bat. The login-server.exe, char-server.exe, and map-server.exe should all be able to connect to each other with your router and firewall on.

STEP 7: Creating A Patch So Others Can Connect

The final step is to create a patch and to show others how to connect to the server.

ANYONE WHO WANTS TO CONNECT TO YOUR SERVER MUST HAVE HAMACHI AS WELL. They MUST join your network and they can only join if you give them your network name and password. This is why you should make the network name and password the same as your server so it would be easy to remember. The password only needs to be given the first time someone joins your Hamachi network.
Quote :

Sclient:

YourRO
YourRO
Your Hamachi IP Or Your.no-ip.org

none

Credits :
Christoper
Back to top Go down
https://mmorpg.iftopic.com
bumba89
MMORPG
MMORPG

Number of posts : 4
Infected Bar :
[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Left_bar_bleue100 / 100100 / 100[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2008-11-28

PostSubject: Re: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 11:28 am

hi just to acknowledge ur enthusiasm i wish to say to please give credits to the topic creator since its an exact copy of it ! Very Happy thanks Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Christoper
MMORPG
MMORPG
Christoper

Male
Infected Bar :
[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Left_bar_bleue0 / 1000 / 100[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Right_bar_bleue

PostSubject: Re: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitimeFri Nov 28, 2008 6:33 pm

i dont need to give credits to the one who creat this because its not big deal ^^ me i can make a guide with like ds but no need to credtis because the important u need to dl it read it and understand Very Happy
Back to top Go down
zkyie
MMORPG
MMORPG

Number of posts : 9
Infected Bar :

Registration date : 2008-11-29

PostSubject: Re: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 10:09 am

I having problems i get a error when i run runserver-sql i get MSQL User@localhost ???
Back to top Go down
Christoper
MMORPG
MMORPG
Christoper

Male
Infected Bar :

PostSubject: Re: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitimeSat Nov 29, 2008 11:38 am

Quote :
I having problems i get a error when i run runserver-sql i get MSQL User@localhost ???
make a new thread don't spam here.
Back to top Go down
yenyih
MMORPG
MMORPG

Number of posts : 17
Infected Bar :

Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitimeFri Dec 05, 2008 2:53 pm

nice guide,=.=,^^
Back to top Go down
yenyih
MMORPG
MMORPG

Number of posts : 17
Infected Bar :

Registration date : 2008-11-26

PostSubject: Re: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitimeThu Dec 11, 2008 5:44 pm

how make hamachi to free edition???
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi   [Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Guide]Setting Up Server W/hamachi
Page 1 of 1